Searching the 'Base
Hittin' the Web's calendar function can be searched for shows by venue name, city, state, province, country, date, songs played, and setlist comments. This includes both historical and upcoming shows.
Individual websites have their own 'bases. I.e., to find Allman Brothers Band shows, go to Hittin' The Web with the Allman Brothers Band. To find Oteil Burbridge shows, go to Oteil's site, etc.
Search Venues, Cities, States, Provinces, Countries
To search for all shows at a given venue, or in a given city, state, province, or country, just type the name you'd like to find into the "Search TOMbase" text box above and to the right, then hit your "Enter" key or click the "go" button.
You may search for states using the full state name or the two letter abbreviation (e.g. NC or North Carolina), but be warned, "NC" matches those two letters anywhere, e.g. you will find Vancouver as well as North Carolina shows.
Search Song Titles
To find shows where a song was played, enter any part of the song name into the "Search base" text box above and to the right, click the Search setlists radio button, and hit your "Enter" key or click the "go" button. If you are in the main Hittin' The Web site, or any site with more than one band's schedule, such as Flying Frog Records, you will also see a drop-down box with band names. Select the band from that list whose setlists you'd like to search for song titles.
As of this writing (December 2001), the Allman Brothers Band show dates and setlists are extremely comprehensive. Most of the other band listings are just getting started, with recent dates and few setlists. So searches for setlists on other than Allman Brothers Band listings and songs won't show much if anything yet. But the framework is in place for us to start filling it up!
Search Setlist Comments
Setlist comments include guest artists, opening acts, and unusual stuff that happens! To search these, enter the text you are seeking into the "Search TOMbase" text box above and to the right, click the Search comments radio button, then hit your "Enter" key or click the "go" button. If you are in the main Hittin' The Web site, or any site with more than one band's schedule, such as Flying Frog Records, you will also see a drop-down box with band names. Select the band from that list whose setlists you'd like to search for comments.
To view a range of dates, click the appropriate one of "View Year . Month . Week . Day . Today" above on the left.
Dates can be entered in to the "Search TOMbase" text box as follows:
- Leading zeroes are optional in both the month and day fields -- e.g., 8/26/71, 08/26/71, 8/1/2000, 08/01/2000, etc. are all valid dates
- The year can have two or four digits, e.g. 71, 1971, 01, 2001
- US style dates: M/D/Y, e.g. 8/26/71, 8/26/1971
- European style dates: D.M.Y, e.g. 26.8.71, 26.8.1971, 26.08.1971
- Year first dates: Y-M-D, e.g. 2001-08-01, 71-8-26
- US style month name dates: e.g. Aug 26, 1971 or August 26, 1971
- European style month name dates: e.g. 26 Aug 1971 or 26 August 1971
- Relative dates: Next week, next monday, 20 years ago, last month all work. Numbers must be numeric, not spelled out, e.g. 20 years ago is ok, twenty years ago doesn't work. Relative dates target a specific day, not a range. Click the range you want to see in "View: Year Month Week Day" to view a range or see the next item.
- Date ranges: Enter a year alone (71, 1971) to see all shows that year. Enter a 3 character month abbreviation and a year to see shows from that month and year, e.g. Jan 1971.
View Show Details (Pictures, Comments, Reviews, etc.)
Each show has its own entry with links to pictures in the Gallery, including pictures of ticket stubs, passes, posters and memorabilia; a place for you to leave comments and read those from others; links to Reviews; setlists with links to lyrics; and links to recordings of that show for trade.
Click the date of the show to see the detailed listing for that show.